Saturday, August 8, 2009

kitchen floor dreams




Years of dreaming about worn, sunlit kitchen floors, dainty teacups, blueberry muffins. Cabinets with glass fronts, beautifully mismatched plates and bowls piled behind. Daisies on the table and coffee forgotten in its mug. I've wanted my perfect kitchen for so long as I've been waiting and waiting and waiting to be on my own.

Now in three weeks I move into an apartment with two other people. Separated from strangers by thin walls, and a mailbox to myself. 16G. (I do so love mail, by the by. I am looking for more pen-pals.) The kitchen is the itsy bitsiest thing, with ugly cabinets. But it's mine. I'm ridiculously overwhelmed by many things at the moment, but I will have my very own kitchen.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for your own place. I hope everything settles in smoothly. :)

    ReplyDelete