Wednesday, July 24, 2013

california dreaming

Alyssa of The Open Life recently wrote about Big Sur and her adventures at Baker Beach in San Francisco, beginning a series she's calling "California Dreamin.'" They reminded me of the last time in I was in California, driving down highway 1 with my mom for a week. It was incredible. I fell in love with Big Sur & Monterey & Carmel & San Luis Obispo. It's been 4 years, and I still dream of those ocean cliffs. The coast is so very different on this side of the country. Everything here is so different. In a way, I'm glad I moved so far from Cali so long ago - every time I go back, everything is new all over again.
I realized I never shared photos from that trip. Here area few that have me wishing myself back. 

these are from Hearst's Castle..such an amazing tour, if you ever get the chance.

3 comments:

  1. Those jellyfish photos are fantastic. The door with the vines is lovely as well. Great captures ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Your blog is full of truly beautiful photos.

      Delete
  2. My darling girl, I can't believe it has been four years. Can we do it again soon?

    ReplyDelete